Come join the team that is creating the next generation of podcasting tools.
The Castos product team is a diverse, fast moving, and passionate group who is looking for a talented Front-end Developer to join the team.
Castos is a small but mighty team of 13 full time humans all across the world. We believe that one of our core strengths is the variety of backgrounds that we come from, and infuse our company and product with these varied perspectives.
Here at Castos as a Front-end Developer you’ll be working with completed Figma designs from our fabulously talented in-house designer, and implementing those in our Laravel application, helping to craft our upcoming Next.js-based marketing site, and transitioning parts of our application using ReactJS. All of this is being built with Tailwind CSS.
Our current development team consists of 4 full time, full stack PHP developers working on our Laravel application, and 1 full time WordPress developer working on our Seriously Simple Podcasting WordPress plugin. Most of your time as a Front-end Developer will be contributing to our Laravel application, and our marketing site.
We’re a product driven company, and believe that beautiful design combined with a great user experience is one of the main contributing factors to our future success.
You’re a perfect fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of full-time experience as a front-end developer.
- Are familiar with ReactJS / NextJS.
- Are familiar with HeadlessUI a big bonus.
- Have a passion for beautiful and effective design.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Have a good understanding of working with APIs like REST and GraphQL.
- Are proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues how to test and ways to work around them.
- Understand code versioning tools like GitLab
- Have a good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Have a good understanding of Accessibility principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
What we look for in a team member:
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Willingness and desire to learn.
- Bonus points if you’re a podcast junkie!
- Are able to overlap with US East Coast Timezones a few hours a day.
- At least 1 year in a startup environment (team size <50 people)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English.
Perks of working at Castos:
🏖 Have 15 days paid vacation days a year plus local public holidays. 10 of these days are mandatory…everyone needs and deserves time away.
🗺 Remote, but of course.
🎊 Zero red tape, pointless meetings, and BS that come with big companies.
🏙 Annual team retreats (last one was in Berlin!).
💸 Competitive salary for your level of experience.
💻 Equipment setup. You’ll get a brand new M1 MacBook Pro and all the gear you need.
🎤 Work in the podcasting industry, which is one of the most rapidly evolving and exciting areas of tech.
⚖️ Co-working budget. We provide up to $200/month for a co-working space for you to do your best work in.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Application information that is prone to unconscious biases is hidden during the review process whenever possible. We judge the content of the applications on their own without knowledge of the applicant’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. We’re looking for engaged, talented, and empathetic people to join our team.