Castos is changing the way podcasting is done. On our team, you will be a part of crafting tools for podcasters to create better content, grow their audiences, and monetize their shows.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Laravel developer with extensive experience in system architecture to join our fast-growing team of 15 fully distributed team members.
You will be joining an existing team of 3 full-time, full stack developers, a UX designer, a front-end developer, and a devops engineer.
This role is ideal if you like to work across the stack to make a big impact on a small team. This includes some DevOps and SysAdmin work, mostly backend feature development, and coordination with the rest of the team to realize new features for our customers.
We’re not looking for “just another” developer, but a truly senior team member, someone who can come in and be a player-coach and lead by example.
Roles & Responsibilities
On a regular basis responsibilities will include:
- Architecting new features, and reimagining ways that existing ones can be improved
- Participate in regular code reviews, of both your code and the code of your teammates to help level everyone up
- Consider the performance impacts of your technical choices
- Help in designing backend feature development along with our Head of Product and other development team members
Requirements & Qualifications
Qualified applicants will have experience with:
- 7+ years experience with PHP and Laravel development.
- Creating 3rd party integrations with external APIs.
- Experience scaling a large scale, high traffic Laravel application.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities and requirements both as team member and independently.
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production.
- A great communicator. As a remote team we pride ourselves on proactive communication amongst the team.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Bonus points if you’re a podcast junkie!
Castos is a fully remote team of 15 full-time team members across 4 continents. We are a young company (just 5 years old) but doubling in size each year, and that growth is speeding up. At Castos you will:
- Have 20 days paid vacation days a year plus local public holidays.
- Be part of an entirely remote work environment where you’re free to work whenever and wherever you’d like.
- Zero red tape, pointless meetings, and BS that come with big companies.
- Annual team retreats (last one was in Berlin!).
- Competitive salary for your level of experience.
- Company sponsored healtcare insurance and 401k program with matching for US-based team members
- Work in the podcasting industry, which is one of the most rapidly evolving and exciting areas of tech.
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your input is critical to the team’s success.
- If this sounds like you we’d love to talk. Please fill out an application from the link below. Looking forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Application information that is prone to unconscious biases is hidden during the review process whenever possible. We judge the content of the applications on their own without knowledge of the applicant’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. We’re looking for engaged, talented, and empathetic people to join our team.