In this lesson, I’ll be talking about setting up your Castos hosting account, setting up your podcast RSS feed and publishing your first podcast episode.
Once you’ve created your Castos account you’ll be taken to our Welcome page where you can elect to use Castos either with Seriously Simple Podcasting on WordPress, OR just publish your podcast episodes and feed from Castos.com
After making this selection and clicking Update you’ll be taken to a screen where you can choose to either Publish Your First Episode or Create Your RSS Feed. We’ll do the latter first.
In your Feed Details area you can fill in all the relevant information about your podcast, including:
- Show Name
- Show Subtitle
- Host Name
- Host email address
- Show Description
- Cover Image (must be between 1400×1400 to 3000x3000px and SQUARE in shape)
- iTunes categories – can have up to 3 unique categories
- Explicit rating
Once you Save this information you can view your podcast RSS feed with the link at the top of the page.
Now on to publish our first episode. Clicking the Episodes tab at the top of your screen, and then Add Episode will allow you to create a new episode. Here we’ll fill in the information about our podcast episode and upload the media file that goes along with it.
Once the file has finished uploading you can either Schedule the post for the future or Publish it now.
Takeaways From this Episode:
- You MUST have a valid RSS feed AND a published podcast episode for your feed to be approved by iTunes
- Enter all of the relevant information in the Feed Details area before saving your podcast feed info.
- Publish your first podcast episode from the Episodes tab in your Castos dashboard
- Once your episode is live you can View the episode or Link To it or the media file in it via the icons on the right side of the episode pane