My guest today is Mark Thompson the co-founder of the Minimalist Marketer and the host of the Escape Plan Podcast. His show is geared toward the older generation and helping them find their place in the digital market. Minimalist Marketer has numerous avenues for their audience to engage with them. The podcast is the newest source for Mark’s audience.
[clickToTweet tweet=”You are looking for a subset of (an audience) that is not being serviced properly. Then those people become rabid fans.” quote=”You are looking for a subset of (an audience) that is not being serviced properly. Then those people become rabid fans.”]
We discuss why Mark has chosen to go the podcast route and what he has noticed about the latest podcasting trends. Mark has been in digital marketing for 13 years so he has seen major changes in content marketing and podcasting. He shares his observations with me. I also ask Mark to give newcomers to the medium his personal advice on getting their own podcast rolling.
- Mark’s background in online marketing.
- The purpose of the Escape Plan Podcast.
- Why podcasting is becoming more popular.
- How to spread your content to a wider audience.
- Mark’s strategy to repurpose his content.
- The benefits of Facebook groups.
- How to make your podcast unique.
- How to find your audience.
- What Mark has learned from his time during podcasts.
- How podcasting has changed over the years.
- Why you shouldn’t worry about your audience during the first 30 episodes.
- Mark’s advice to new podcasters.
[clickToTweet tweet=”It only takes one really good promotion to get your podcast really going well.” quote=”It only takes one really good promotion to get your podcast really going well.”]
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!