Arianna Benincasa works for TA2 Sound and Music studios. The company is based out Toronto and specializes in sound effects and music for commercials. Arianna has recently launched a podcast out of the studio called Sisters of Sound.Younger women wanting to get into this industry will now know that there are role models that they can look up to and they can reach out to and that's what we're aiming for in this podcast.Click To Tweet
Sisters of Sound is a bi-weekly podcast that focuses on the women working in the audio industry. Arianna interviews women involved with every aspect of radio, audio recording, and podcasting. She discusses how this project came to be and what it has taught her about her industry and the women she has met.
We also discuss some clever hacks Arianna has learned about promoting her podcast and general quality tips.
- Arianna’s work at TA2 Sound and Music.
- How Sisters of Sound became a podcast.
- How podcasting and radio are similar.
- Arianna’s mentor Clive Desmond.
- The cross-section of women within the audio industry that were interviewed.
- Coping with the “boys club” mentality and how that is changing.
- Arianna’s goal to encourage appreciation for the audio industry.
- How Castos has helped Arianna produce a quality show.
- The importance of SEO and other marketing techniques.
- Arianna’s tips for recording.
- How to create an engaging promotion.
- Arianna’s advice to future podcasters.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!