My guest today is Vlad Vaslyn, the host of the podcast 20 Minutes With… and is the founder and managing editor of The Storyside, an independent publishing collaborative. Vlad’s niche is discussing books and writing with the authors who create the books he features on the podcast.A lot of authors will actually do an audio edit for some of their work. They're used to speaking about themselves, and about their work, and even telling stories.Click To Tweet
During today’s episode, we discuss Vlad’s interview process. We also explore the role Youtube has played in the podcast’s development and Vlad tells me why he decided to create the podcast in the first place.
- Vlad’s background as a writer, and publisher.
- How Vlad got into podcasting.
- Why keeping a podcast to a set time limit is challenging.
- How Vlad prepares himself and his guest for the episode.
- How to bring a guest back to the point politely and respectfully.
- The massive time Vlad spent on his first few podcasts and what he learned from it.
- Why pre-recorded intros and outros are worth their weight in gold!
- How Vlad’s process has been streamlined over time.
- Why Vlad chose to work from Youtube and the results of that decision.
- What it is like to interview authors and structure a fun and informative episode.
- Vlad’s opinion about the future of podcasting and his company Storyside.
- Our final thoughts.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!