Conner and Lindsay are the hosts of 8-Bit Idiots, a podcast that focuses on the gaming and entertainment industry. They take a humorous look at geek culture and showcase their friendship in each episode. 8-Bit Idiots has a small following, but they are growing the show with every topic and episode milestone.The conversations we have, they may not be wholly unique, but I think it's the dynamic more that we're pushing.Click To Tweet
We discuss this march toward growth and why they feel their dynamic is the glue that holds it all together. Conner and Lindsay explain how hard it was to find a platform to post their content and share the lessons they have learned from the process. We also discuss being mindful of an international audience and their plans for the show’s future.
Are you holding back on starting your podcast because you think it’s “been done?” Well, Conner and Lindsay are a perfect example of how a common topic can be made fresh and new with the injection of personality and passion.
- Introducing Conner and Lindsay.
- What is 8-Bit Idiots and who is the audience?
- Why finding a feed for the show was such a challenge.
- Why conversations and content come easily to Conner and Lindsay.
- How they decide on an episode’s topic.
- Conner and Lindsay’s future plans for the show.
- What you should outsource for your podcast.
- Lessons Conner and Lindsay have learned.
- The scope of podcasting throughout the world.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!