Jason Chicola is the CEO of Rev.com and Temi.com, two widely used transcription services. Podcasters are increasingly finding a need for transcripts of their episodes. There are a lot of applications you may not think of at first. Jason gives me more insight into the kind of people that use Rev and Temi. He also tells me what he sees in the future for Rev and Temi. As well as how the users are shaping that future.Transcription allows you to repurpose the audio you have, it can be reused in a lot of ways and podcasters like it for that reason.Click To Tweet
If you haven’t used transcription for your podcast, tune in and learn about what Rev can do for you. It is an incredibly useful tool that has tons of uses and can add unexpected value to your content.
- What are Rev.com and Temi.com?
- The types of customers that use Rev and Temi.
- The various types of transcriptions Rev does.
- The benefits of having a transcript.
- The difference between Rev and Temi.
- Which service does Jason suggest to newcomers?
- The pros and cons of a human transcriptionist versus a machine.
- Jason’s time with Upwork.
- How Rev is similar to Upwork.
- How Rev is different than Upwork.
- How Jason and his team stay on top of quality control.
- How to decide if transcription is a good tool for you.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!