Rebekah Bek is a marketer for Ahrefs, an SEO toolkit that helps optimize your website for best SEO results. We are discussing an experiment that Ahrefs has been running for a little over a year now with podcast sponsorship. Previously on this show, we have discussed sponsorship from the show creators’ side of the deal. Rebekah is going to give us a glimpse of what it is like for the sponsor.
Ahrefs had tried experimenting with podcast ads before but it didn’t work out. When Rebekah took over the project she changed how the company approached measuring the success metric. She tells us what they look for in a good show fit and why there isn’t a black and white formula to make it successful.Something that I found out was, there is no template, one-size fits all process because every podcast is doing ads differently. – Rebekah Click To Tweet
Rebekah shares some interesting observations that could help you find a good sponsor for your podcast.
- What is Ahrefs?
- How the podcast advertising experiment began.
- The shift of attitude on how the company tracked the results of the experiment.
- Podcast advertising can be great exposure but it requires a lot of time.
- How a larger show’s team interacts with Rebekah’s team vs. a smaller show.
- The Twitter contest that revealed a lot about a show’s audience engagement.
- Why good alignment is important in the podcast/sponsor relationship.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!