Today, I am joined by Leah Bjornson and Jerrid Grimm from Pressboard Media and The Science of Storytelling podcast. Leah is a content creator for the company and Jerrid is the founder and CEO. We discuss how storytelling can engage an audience with your brand. Everyone has a story and personal stories are the most interesting.
Leah tells me about approaching marketing from a 3-Act structure viewpoint. There is always a story to tell and often the people in a business have a story and don’t even realize it. Both Jerrid and Leah have great examples of when the person within the company provided an angle that revealed an engaging truth about the company and brand. Selling the story sells the brand.You have access to stories that journalists have never heard of, you've access to data in your company that journalists don't have access to, so there are stories that people want to hear, they just don't know they exist. – Leah Click To Tweet
Tune in to learn how to approach your business from a storyteller’s perspective and unleash your inner creative with your content.
- Who are Leah and Jerrid?
- What Pressboard Media does for its clients.
- How storytelling changes the approach to marketing.
- The 3-Act Play structure and how to use it in branding.
- How Leah and Jerrid choose a guest for their podcast.
- How they structure an interview with their guest.
- Examples of people being more engaging than company data.
- The intimate nature of podcasting and how to connect with a guest.
- Writing your story before you present it.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!