On this episode of the Audience podcast, Matt talks with fellow podcaster, Bob Dunn from the Do the Woo Podcast. Bob specializes in a specific niche within WordPress, which is what his podcast focuses on as well. That begs the question, “How do you niche down in podcasting?” Today, Bob and Matt talk about niche podcasting and sponsorships, how to get started with sponsorships (when you’re new and scared), and different types of ad-rolls.
How important is creativity in an ad-roll? How do you own a segment? How flexible do you have to be with sponsors? Bob and Matt answer all of these questions and more in today’s episode of the Audience podcast.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much! Never miss another show by subscribing at castos.com/subscribe.
Today you’ll learn about:
- Bob’s journey into podcasting and the story behind Do the Woo
- Niching down in podcasting
- The importance of branding in niche podcasting
- “Owning a segment”
- Advice for how new podcasters can approach possible sponsors
- Branding through the lens of small creators
- Transparency with sponsors and listeners
- How flexibility and sponsorships go hand-in-hand
- Different types of ad-rolls
- Long-term commitments and lengths of sponsorships
- Equipment opinions and tips
Bob Dunn, LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bobwp/
Bob Dunn, official website: https://bobwp.com/
Do the Woo Podcast: https://dothewoo.io/woocommerce-podcast/
Castos Academy: https://academy.castos.com/
Castos, private podcast: http://academy.castos.com/private/
Castos, website: Castos.com/
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Clubhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8729ZpWpmIw