On this episode of the Audience podcast, Craig talks with Tony Merkel from the Confessionals podcast. Tony was able to live the dream: quit his job and become a full-time podcaster.
Today on Audience, Tony talks about creating a community, suggestions for new podcasters, and lessons that he has learned about audience growth. Tony shares his bootstrap knowledge to help new podcasters but he also shares an inspirational message about being passionate about the things you love, and not being afraid to dream.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much! Never miss another show by subscribing at castos.com/subscribe.
Today you’ll learn about:
- His own origins: driving truck, building a family, the start of Confessionals
- Tony’s first steps into podcasting
- Juggling different players, hosting sites, and apps
- Lessons learned about audience growth
- The evolution to monetization
- Being honest about how you see and treat your podcast
- Understanding social media
- What Tony does to create an inviting and engaging website and community
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Clubhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8729ZpWpmIw