Ben and Dawn are here today to talk about their Ghostbusters RPG (role-playing game) podcast. This podcast is called EctoCast. It goes without saying that Dawn and Ben are part of a niche podcast. We discuss the little things that come up during a recording session, like why you shouldn’t eat during recording.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”We are very niche as far as what we’re doing, and Reddit is just a glorious place for niche markets.” quote=”We are very niche as far as what we’re doing, and Reddit is just a glorious place for niche markets.”]
Ben and Dawn also share their team’s social media strategy on several platforms. Role-playing games have a loyal fan-base and we discuss that interest and how a newcomer can find their niche audience if they just look hard enough. Ben and Dawn are part of a highly effective team and really have a lot of great tips and lessons to share. You can make a podcast out of anything and EctoCast is a fun and creative example.
- What is EctoCast?
- How the podcast was started.
- How the EctoCast team found their best equipment setup.
- How headphones improved the quality of the show.
- The episode count and the audience response.
- The team’s aggressive social media strategy.
- Tips that Ben and Dawn have for the audience.
- Why EctoCast uses Reddit as a platform.
- How and why create a sub-Reddit.
- Lessons from the early episodes.
- How EctoCast works as a team.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”As of right now we are at total downloads per episode… we’re at 2,716, which is about 2,700 more than I thought we’d end up with.” quote=”As of right now we are at total downloads per episode… we’re at 2,716, which is about 2,700 more than I thought we’d end up with.”]
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!