Dan Clements is a former truck driver who got into podcasting after getting hurt on the job. His show, The Dan Clements Show, is a political news show that supports the conservative Constitutional political view. Dan has a small, but a very vocal audience. He publishes an episode once a day and tries to keep his audience engaged in the current political climate. He publishes his show on both YouTube and Castos.I want people to understand, you don't have to have a lot of knowledge as far as computer knowledge to be able to do this stuff.Click To Tweet
We discuss what it is like to present your show on multiple platforms. In the early days of his show, Dan published his show anywhere there was the capability to share an RSS feed. However, he has since focused on YouTube and Castos. Dan tells me what it is like to produce content for YouTube and how it differs from a “normal” podcast audience. A lot of podcasters use YouTube to launch their shows, and Dan is a pro at it. If you would like to know what it is like to cope with the rules and regulations of a platform and deal respectfully with audience feedback, tune into today’s show.
- Introducing Dan Clements.
- Dan’s previous experience with Blog Talk Radio.
- Why he switched to Castos.
- Dan’s process for publishing his show to YouTube.
- YouTube’s current troubles and the “adpocalypse.”
- Where Dan’s largest audience lays.
- The difference between YouTube viewers and podcast listeners.
- Coping with audience feedback.
- How Dan monetizes his show.
- The direction Dan would like to take his show.
- The dangers of “spreading yourself too thin” and keeping up with multiple platforms.
- Our final thoughts.
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with podcasters who can help make your podcast the best it can be!