Last updated on December 13th, 2019
Jeffrey Fliegler is a digital marketer who has pivoted into podcasting to broaden his skill set. I Know But… is the name of the podcast. Jeff is a co-host for the show and it features a wide variety of guests. Jeff and his co-host Niyaz Pirani have developed a solid show structure that is both conversational and informational. Their signature is their “3 Things” opening. Jeff explains how he and Niyaz developed the opening and the overall show.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”I wanted to do this (podcast) so I could offer this as another way to get media out for my clients and I figured the best way to learn is to do it for yourself.” quote=”I wanted to do this (podcast) so I could offer this as another way to get media out for my clients and I figured the best way to learn is to do it for yourself.”]
A structure is important in a podcast, but Jeff and I discuss the importance of being flexible and keeping your audience engaged in the content. If you are interested in injecting some personalization into your podcast, Jeff has some insight you might find useful.
- How Jeff and Niyaz began I Know But…
- What podcasting taught Jeff about audio production.
- How podcasting builds your professional network.
- “The 3 Things” opening and how it personalizes Jeff and Niyaz’s interviews.
- Why Niyaz is a great co-host for Jeff.
- The differences between video and audio editing.
- The importance of investing in good quality recording equipment.
- How Jeff and Niyaz developed “The 3 Things” opening.
- The importance of consistency in your content structure.
- Getting someone’s attention with video content vs. getting their attention with audio content.
- The danger of too much structure in your content.
- How social media helps Jeff find his audience.
- The lessons Jeff has learned on his journey.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Hopefully we can grow this (podcast) and people continue to like this and we provide good content and interesting stuff and maybe we can even get some sponsors.” quote=”Hopefully we can grow this (podcast) and people continue to like this and we provide good content and interesting stuff and maybe we can even get some sponsors.”]
Thank you for joining me for today’s Podcast Hackers episode! Tune in next time as we continue to have in-depth conversations with experts who can help make your podcast the best it can be!